The club meets for training every Tuesday and Thursday. Phil Rees also runs track sessions on Saturdays from 12pm – open to all adult members. Event group athletics is all year round, fundamental and foundation athletics are during term time only.
The groups listed below, depending on availability, are open to new members. Other closed groups including sprints and middle distance are operated at the club.
|Section||Classification||Group||Start Time||Finish Time|
|Junior||Fundamental||Age 6-8 (Tuesday only)||17:30||18:30|
|Junior||Event Group||Middle Distance||18:30||19:30|
*Please note that age is not always the key identifier when moving between groups. Children also move between groups based on other key factors such as chronological, training and development age.
- Warm up, cool down and recover from efforts in the OUTSIDE LANE travelling clockwise. For the adult groups, if your session does not contain a sufficient warm up as it is, please do your warm up away from the track now it has become so busy (e.g. on either of the nearby fields)
- ONLY use lane 1 for hard efforts and reps and travel anticlockwise.
- If someone shouts, “Track” step onto the inside of the track or move out into an outer lane to get out of their way (but note – if you are running your own reps or efforts you do not have to get out of the way; you only have to get out of the way if you are walking or standing on a recovery).
- ALWAYS take note of whether there are throwers in the circles before you go near the field in the centre of the track. There are two circles – one surrounded by the green netting, and one near the long jump pit/200m start area. Check both. A 2k discus or 7k hammer to the head would be no fun for either party. We have throwers capable of 50-60 metres so don’t assume they can’t reach you.
- Track nights have become VERY busy recently and there have been some near misses. Please keep a keen eye out for others, especially children, and use the track courteously.