Click on this link here to view previous years results > Results
Friday 14th April 2017. Run under U.K.A. Rules. Licence applied for. Registration & HQ Hedley’s Café. Newburn. NE15 8ND.
Race Course Location (2.2 miles away): Newburn Riverside Business Park, Lemington, Newcastle. (Newburn Riverside A road: A6085). NE15 8NY.
Race 1. 9.30am. A combined U11’s Boys & Girls Race 1.16 miles approx. Entrants must be Under 11 years old on the day of the race. £1 entry fee.
Race 2. 9.40 am start. A combined U13’s Boys & Girls race. Approx. 1.6 miles. Entrants must be under 13 years old on the 31st August 2016 to qualify.
Race 3. 9.50 am start. A combined U15’s Boys & Girls race. Approx. 1.6 miles. Entrants must be under 15 years old on the 31st August 2016 to qualify. Awards for Races 1 & 2: The 1st 3 individuals & a 1st team award (3 to count). Entry Fees for all juniors: £3 per entrant. The athlete who runs the fastest lap will receive the Alex Burns Cup.
Race 4. 10.00 am. Senior & Vet Women’s Relays. Approx. 2.2 miles. A minimum age of 15 years old on the day of the race. Vets must be 35 years old or over on the day of the race. 3 persons to count as a qualifying team.Awards to the 1st 3 Senior Teams & the 1st 3 Vets Teams. Awards to the fastest lap for A Senior, A Vet and An O/50.
Race 5. 11.00 am. Senior and Vet Men’s Relay race (approx. 2.2 miles) A minimum age of 15 years old on the day of the race. Vets must be 40 years old or over on the day of the race. 4 to count for the team prize. Awards to the 1st 3 Senior Teams & 1st 3 Vets Teams. Awards to the fastest lap for A Senior, A Vet & An O/50.
Entry Fees: Kindly make cheques payable to: Elswick Harriers. Senior & Vet Men’s Relays £20 per team. Senior and Vet Women’s Relays £15 per team.
Postal Entries to: Mr. Frank Watson, 28 Hewley Crescent, Throckley, Newcastle NE15 9PX. Closing Date for postal entries: Tuesday 4th April 2017.
PRESENTATIONS: Will take place at Hedley’s Café at 10.40am for all the junior races and 1pm for the senior & vets races, male & female. Respect the amenities & keep them clean & tidy.
The club reserves the right to amend the race & awards. All athletes compete at their own risk. No responsibility will be accepted for any loss, injury, Illness, in participation or spectating at this event. Your co-operation in all matters set out below is appreciated.
- PARKING INFORMATION. Kindly co-operate.
- Seniors must park at Newburn leisure centre & NOT the business park. Use the 2.2 miles distance as an ideal warm up (& warm down) to & from the race start area. The route will be marshalled & signposted.
- Parents / Guardians taking Junior’s only: parking is available at the business park (race location). Please follow the marshal’s directions for parking on the estate. NE15 8NY.
- ON THE BUSINESS PARK: DO NOT PARK YOUR CAR IN A PARKING AREA THAT IS OPEN & BEING USED BY THE PROPERTY OWNER.
- ALL PARKING IS AT THE OWNERS RISK & ELSWICK HARRIERS ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO ANY VEHICLE (INLCLUDING CLAMPING OR FINES).
- The start line is 2.2 miles away from race HQ.
- Please allow time for your registration and:
- The collection of race numbers to allow you to:
- Arrive in good time at the start line.
- The headquarters will be open from 8.40am. PLEASE ALLOW PLENTY OF TIME TO REGISTER & COLLECTION OF NUMBERS: REMEMBER THE COURSE AND RACE START IS 2.2 MILES AWAY.